How to install apache in linux
1. cd to /opt/ make a folder named Apache2.2.9.
2. Download apache2.2.9 to /opt/ from archive.apache.org
3. Untar and unzip the httpd-2.2.9.tar.gz file using below command:
Example: tar –xvzf httpd-2.2.9.tar.gz
4. Untar should create a folder named httpd-2.2.9, cd to httpd-2.2.9 folder and run the below commands to compile and make installation.
a) Once you see configuration success. execute below command.
b) Wait for the make command to finish. Once finished execute below command.
5. Wait till the installation completes.
6. Once installation completed cd to /opt/Apache2.2.9/bin folder and run
7. If it starts successfully then installation is complete.
In case of any ©Copyright or missing credits issue please check CopyRights page for faster resolutions.