BI Publisher failed to retrieve a config provider

Oracle Fusion Middleware

 

If you are getting below error of bi publisher failed to retrieve a config provider while accessing the xmlpserver, then follow below process to fix the issue.

<Feb 28, 2013 11:13:04 PM PST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020> <[[email protected][app:bipublisher module:xmlpserver path:/xmlpserver spec-version:2.5 version:11.1.1]] Servlet failed with Exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: oracle.xdo.servlet.CreateException: Failed to retrieve a Config Provider. Make sure that your repository is correctly setup

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.SecurityHandler.getHandler(SecurityHandler.java:188)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.NLSUtils.getSSOLocale(NLSUtils.java:618)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.NLSUtils.getCurrentLocale(NLSUtils.java:310)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.UIUtils.renderError(UIUtils.java:1542)

at jsp_servlet.__login._jspService(__login.java:745)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Caused By: oracle.xdo.servlet.CreateException: Failed to retrieve a Config Provider. Make sure that your repository is correctly setup

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.BaseSecurityHandler.<init>(BaseSecurityHandler.java:89)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.XDOSecurityHandler.<init>(XDOSecurityHandler.java:41)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.SecurityHandler.createHandler(SecurityHandler.java:242)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.SecurityHandler.getHandler(SecurityHandler.java:183)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.NLSUtils.getSSOLocale(NLSUtils.java:618)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

>

[INFO ][memory ][Thu Feb 28 23:13:04 2013][1362121984575][16156] [YC#170] 1859.384-1859.407: YC 473425KB->403677KB (524288KB), 0.023 s, sum of pauses 23.018 ms, longest pause 23.018 ms.

[INFO ][memory ][Thu Feb 28 23:14:27 2013][1362122067442][16156] [YC#171] 1942.188-1942.219: YC 487680KB->417648KB (524288KB), 0.031 s, sum of pauses 30.829 ms, longest pause 30.829 ms.

[INFO ][memory ][Thu Feb 28 23:14:27 2013][1362122067914][16156] [YC#172] 1942.658-1942.691: YC 492359KB->500279KB (524288KB), 0.033 s, sum of pauses 32.389 ms, longest pause 32.389 ms.

[INFO ][memory ][Thu Feb 28 23:14:27 2013][1362122067972][16156] [OC#27] 1942.691-1942.749: OC 500279KB->325220KB (524288KB), 0.058 s, sum of pauses 49.542 ms, longest pause 49.542 ms.

<Feb 28, 2013 11:14:28 PM PST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020> <[[email protected][app:bipublisher module:xmlpserver path:/xmlpserver spec-version:2.5 version:11.1.1]] Servlet failed with Exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: oracle.xdo.servlet.CreateException: Failed to retrieve a Config Provider. Make sure that your repository is correctly setup

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.SecurityHandler.getHandler(SecurityHandler.java:188)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.NLSUtils.getSSOLocale(NLSUtils.java:618)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.NLSUtils.getCurrentLocale(NLSUtils.java:310)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.UIUtils.renderError(UIUtils.java:1542)

at jsp_servlet.__login._jspService(__login.java:745)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Caused By: oracle.xdo.servlet.CreateException: Failed to retrieve a Config Provider. Make sure that your repository is correctly setup

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.BaseSecurityHandler.<init>(BaseSecurityHandler.java:89)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.XDOSecurityHandler.<init>(XDOSecurityHandler.java:41)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.SecurityHandler.createHandler(SecurityHandler.java:242)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.security.SecurityHandler.getHandler(SecurityHandler.java:183)

at oracle.xdo.servlet.ui.NLSUtils.getSSOLocale(NLSUtils.java:618)

 

This usually happens when the servers are down. Please run following to start all the processes.

${HOME}/instance/BIInstance/bin/opmnctl startall

${HOME}/instance/BIInstance/bin/opmnctl status

 

bash-3.2$ opmnctl status

 

Processes in Instance: BIInstance

———————————+——————–+———+———

ias-component | process-type | pid | status

———————————+——————–+———+———

coreapplication_obips1 | OracleBIPresentat~ | 29608 | Alive

coreapplication_obiccs1 | OracleBIClusterCo~ | 29609 | Alive

coreapplication_obisch1 | OracleBIScheduler~ | 29610 | Alive

coreapplication_obijh1 | OracleBIJavaHostC~ | 29607 | Alive

coreapplication_obis1 | OracleBIServerCom~ | 29605 | Alive

 

If after starting all the servers also does not resolve the issue then follow the following steps to assign the privileges:

Assigned one of the privileges “Access to SOAP” to BIAdministrator and BISystem roles, refreshed the page and when checked again, BI Pub login was working fine.

Steps to assign the privilege:

1. Login to OBIEE, URL: http://server:7901/analytics

2. Navigate to Administration->Manage Privileges, Assign BISystem and BIConsulmer roles to :Access to SOAP” privilege, done.

In case of any ┬ęCopyright or missing credits issue please check CopyRights page for faster resolutions.

7 Responses

  1. Rohit Arora says:

    Thankyou! it worked.

    Thanks a lot..

  2. Ahsan Yawar says:

    Hey it is not allowing me to change the Roles

    • I believe you shall be logging in as a privileged user to do that

      • Ahsan Yawar says:

        Hey, found the issue and fixed, the problem was slightly different. I was unable to bring OracleBIServerCom up, opmnctl services were starting with root user, but not with other designer OS user. I change the ownership of all desired directories and restarted opmnctl services. OracleBIServerCom was Alive this time.

      • Ahsan Yawar says:

        Hey, found the issue and fixed, the problem was slightly different. I was unable to bring OracleBIServerCom up, opmnctl services were starting with root user, but not with other designer OS user. I change the ownership of all desired directories and restarted opmnctl services. OracleBIServerCom was Alive this time.

Leave a Reply