BEA-002606 Unable to create a server socket
I see below managed server log file which shows server going to RUNNING state even if the default listen channel has failed?
<05.10.2011 14:57 TP TECHPASTE> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000330> <Started WebLogic Managed Server "Techpaste-Test" for domain "TechPaste" running in Production Mode> <05.10.2011 14:57 TP TECHPASTE> <Error> <Server> <BEA-002606> <Unable to create a server socket for listening on channel "Default". The address 22.214.171.124 might be incorrect or another process is using port 79601: java.net.BindException: Address already in use.> <05.10.2011 14:57 TP TECHPASTE> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to RUNNING> <05.10.2011 14:57 TP TECHPASTE> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <Server started in RUNNING mode>
The conflict is with an admin server of a second domain running on the same box.
This box has only one interface and the managed servers listen address is bound to this hostname!
Expected behavior is the managed server should do the force shutdown but here its coming to RUNNING state.
– First check incase you are using ip addresses instead of hostnames and if incase some IP address’s changed.
– Check /etc/hosts file incase of any issues in assigned ip addresses.
– Do a netstat -an | grep portnumber or netstat -an | find “portnumber” in windows to make sure the port is not listening by some other process in system.
– Login to admin console and check if the port assigned are correct or if required change it to something new and try restarting after clearing cache and temp folders.
– Manually edit the config.xml file in <domain home>/config directory. Find <server> servername and edit the <listen-address> to use the exact IP of your machine. You can also change <listen-port> in there to something other than the default.
If all above does not work and you still see the same error then you may try the below as few incidents below steps solved the issue:
We have seen this issue sometimes when Admin Server Port is not enabled. To enable Admin server port please follow below steps and do a restart after completing the change.
enable the administration port:
Specifies whether the domain-wide administration port should be enabled for this WebLogic Server domain. Because the administration port uses SSL, enabling the administration port requires that SSL must be configured for all servers in the domain.
The domain-wide administration port enables you to start a WebLogic Server instance in STANDBY state. It also allows you to separate administration traffic from application traffic in your domain. Because all servers in the domain must enable or disable the administration port at once, you configure the default administration port settings at the domain level.
If you enable the administration port:
The administration port accepts only connections that specify administrator credentials.
Connections that specify administrator credentials can use only the administration port.
The command that starts managed servers must specify a secure protocol and the administration port: -Dweblogic.management.server=https://admin_server:administration_port
Secure value: true
To enable the administration port do follow below steps:
Click on the first node under Domain Structure (That is your domain name)
Click Lock & Edit
Select the Enable Administration port checkbox
Specify the administration port
Click Activate Changes
In case of any ©Copyright or missing credits issue please check CopyRights page for faster resolutions.